Saturday, August 31, 2013

Chosen Instruments

Acts 9:15 - But the Lord said, "Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel."

Ananias was so confused by Jesus telling him to go to Saul of Tarsus that he momentarily doubted Him, going so far as to question Jesus to make sure He had the right guy for the job.  God didn't strike him down and destroy Ananias for doubting and questioning Him because He understood where it was coming from.  If they had a list of who would have been used as one of God's Chosen Instrument's, Saul of Tarsus wouldn't have even been last on the list.  He probably would have been left off the list completely.

I know I have doubted and questioned God before.  I wasn't always a person of faith.  It took a couple of incidents in my life to realize that He was the one in charge, not me.  There have still been times where I have asked, "Really?  Me?"  God isn't mad at me for that.  He has too much love for me to be mad about me being human.  It doesn't mean that it is good or acceptable to question or doubt Him.  God uses the least likely people as His chosen instruments, Saul of Tarsus being one of the biggest examples.  But He also is using us for this purpose as well.  Just when I start to think I cannot do anymore, or that I am the least qualified, or the last resort, God says, "You are exactly who I need you to be."  He builds all of us up according to His perfect will and plan, and uses us as His chosen instruments in the exact way He needs us.  This is such an amazing gift from Him.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for making me the way You have.  I know that I am exactly who You need and want me to be according to Your perfect plan.  I know that I have doubted and questioned in the past, and for that I ask Your forgiveness.  I pray that I will be more trusting in You and confident in the abilities You give me to accomplish the tasks You set for me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment