Monday, August 12, 2013

Gentle Patience

Ephesians 4:2 - Always be humble and gentle.  Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.

This is some great advice that Paul gives us here.  Jesus did this for us.  He was humble and gentle with us to be sure, but He was also very patient (understatement).  More so than we deserved (beauty of grace).  Why is that?  Because of His love.  If we are to be like Christ, we need to model that love and behavior and show it to others.  No one is perfect, and we are all going to make mistakes.  Don't we want others to make allowance for our faults?  Then we need to lead by example as Jesus did, and do it for them.

Well if this one didn't hit me right between the eyes.  This is something I have always struggled with.  Being a supervisor in my job, I have to find the balance between patience with other's faults because I love them, and looking out for the best interests of my department (and consequently, the business I work for).  How do I do that?  Forgiveness is a great place to start.  70x7.  It's not the easiest thing to do, particularly when I have pressure from bosses above to produce results.  I know that I can find that balance through the power and strength of Jesus.  He has never let me down, and I trust that He never will.

Dear Lord, thank You for this gentle reminder that I need to work on being more patient and humble with those around me on a regular basis at work.  I know I have improved on this, but I know I can be so much better.  You have provided the best example of gentle and humble leadership, and I need to work hard to emulate that with those in my charge.  Please give me the wisdom, strength, and understanding to be more like You every day.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment