Thursday, August 22, 2013

Trust

Judges 4: 8-9 - Barak told her, "I will go, but only if you go with me."  "Very well," she replied, "I will go with you.  But you will receive no honor in this venture, for the Lord's victory over Sisera will be at the hands of a woman."  So Deborah went with Barak to Kedesh.

Barak had trust issues.  He had received his instructions from God through Deborah.  The Lord promised to give him victory over Sisera, but Barak didn't trust the instructions.  He needed something tangible he could see that would help him.  He wasn't trusting God's promise of victory.

Am I trusting God?  Do I put more stock into what people tell me over what God tells me through His word and through prayer?  I pray for God's guidance every day, and I know the result of expecting or trusting in promises of the flesh.  I did that long enough to know better.  I have studied God's Word enough to know that He will always follow through on His promises.  I pray that I never fall into the trap of not trusting Him.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder that I need to make sure that I am trusting in Your guidance for my life.  I know that You have a fantastic plan and purpose for me, and that You will always follow through on what You promise.  I will forever trust in You, Lord, and I ask for your protection and guidance as I live in this world before I enter Your Glorious Kingdom.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment