Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Wanted Sacrifice

Psalm 51:17 - The sacrifice You desire is a broken spirit.  You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.

When we are truly humble and repentant, God will accept the sacrifice of our lives and hearts to His will.  It isn't that God wants us to be in such a bad place that we finally realize we need Him (although that is what happens to a lot of us).  He just wants us to realize that we were already there.  We were already broken before our bad choices and decisions put us in a bad spot.  When our hearts truly desire Him is when He wants us the most.

Has my heart been truly humble and repentant?  Yes it is.  Like many people, I have done some really bad things, and made some really bad choices.  I don't regret those choices, because they led me to realize that I needed God in my life.  I feel bad sometimes about the people I may have hurt along the way, and I pray that they have forgiven me.  Most importantly, I pray for God's forgiveness and thank Him for His acceptance of a formerly broken man.  He picked up the pieces and put them back together to form the man He has always desired for me to be.  I pray that I can serve Him in such a way that gives Him the glory He deserves for fixing this wayward child.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for fixing me.  I know that I am still a work in progress, and will make mistakes from time to time, however You have healed my heart.  You have given me victory over my hurts, habits, and hang-ups, and I know that I can truly accomplish anything through Your power.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment