Sunday, September 1, 2013

Flair For The Dramatic

1 Kings 18:38 - Immediately the fire of the Lord flashed down from Heaven and burned up the young bull, the wood, the stones, and the dust.  It even licked up all the water in the trench!

When God does something, He does it with some pizzaz!  He didn't just show His power to the people, He embarrassed the prophets of Baal by burning things that were either difficult to set on fire (wet wood) or not flammable (stones, dust).  He let them know Who is in control and that nothing is impossible for Him.

I love that God has such a flair for the dramatic.  He doesn't hold back when He wants to get His point across.  There have been a few times where He has orchestrated a thing or two to get my attention, but fortunately not quite on this level here.  I can only pray that my faith will stay strong so that a demonstration of this size isn't required to get my attention.

Dear Lord, thank You for doing what needs to be done to get our attention.  I pray for those that haven't yet seen Your mighty hands at work in their lives.  I pray that their hearts are not hardened beyond repair at this point, and that there is still hope for them.  Lord, please keep my heart strong and humble in faith and service to You and Your Glorious Kingdom.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment