Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The First Resort

Judges 10:16 - Then the Israelites put aside their foreign gods and served the Lord.  And He was grieved by their misery.

The Israelites were regularly making God their last resort.  When times were good, they forgot all about what He had done for them, and what He meant to them.  When times went bad, that was a whole different story.  In verse 14, God basically tells them to take a long walk off a short pier.  But as they continue to plea for His mercy, and because of His unfailing love for them, He rescued them.  His heart grieved for their misery like only a loving Father's would.

Am I making god my First Resort when I am having problems that I can't seem to overcome?  I think I need some work in this area.  The last thing I want is for Jesus to tell me that He never knew me when I go to meet Him.  I need to make sure that I am seeking His wisdom and guidance in all things first and foremost.  He should never be a last resort.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for this great reminder that I need to be seeking You first in all things.  I have proven to myself time and time again that I cannot do this on my own, and I ask for Your wisdom and guidance to help me remember that in all that I do.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment