Friday, August 2, 2013

Too Much To Count

Psalm 40:5 - O Lord my God, You have performed many wonders for us.  Your plans for us are too numerous to list.  You have no equal.  If I tried to recite all Your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.

How does God love us?  It is impossible to count the ways.  A lot of people tend to focus on God's discipline of His people in a negative way, but He only disciplines us because He loves us.  Like any Father would do for his child, because he wants them to be better people.  We could never count how many ways God loves us.  It would be impossible for our finite minds.  He gave His only Son as a sacrifice for us, and that's the one way we should be focusing on, because there is no greater love than a man (Jesus) willing to sacrifice Himself for the ones He loves.

Do I love God enough?  I don't know that any of us could really answer that question.  There is no real way to measure it, other than our faith, trust, and obedience to Him.  God knows my heart, and He knows where I stand.  I pray every day that my faith will never waiver when I am attacked by Satan.  I trust in God to give me exactly what I need to resist the devil.  I am absolutely confident that God will never fail to provide for me, and I love Him unconditionally.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for Your discipline.  Thank You for making me a better person because You love me.  I have certainly given You plenty of reasons to throw up Your hands and give up on me, but You never have.  I know that You love me, and have forgiven my transgressions.  I pray that I can show my unconditional love for You as well.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment