Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's A Relationship

Joshua 22:28 - "If they say this, our descendants can reply, 'Look at this copy of the Lord's altar that our ancestors made.  It is not for burnt offerings or sacrifices; it is a reminder of the relationship both of us have with the Lord. ' "

It's not a religion, it's a relationship.  The tribes of Reuben and Gad were concerned of being cut off from the descendants of the other tribes because of the separation of the Jordan River.  They didn't want that separation.  They understood and recognized that there was only one true temple of worship (later manifested by Jesus) and they merely built a copy to demonstrate to future generations that they had the same relationship with God that the others did.

Religion is boring.  It's very monotonous, and hum-drum.  But a relationship with Jesus Christ is exciting!  I've been to churches (as I'm sure a lot of us have) where you had to wear suits and ties, sit quietly, sing hymns (at a controlled volume), and generally conduct yourself at hushed tones.  Where's the joy and excitement in that?!  We should be excited about what we're experiencing in our daily walk with Christ.  When we are all excited, and we all get together at service, it should be loud and rambunctious and exuberant and joyful.  The music and singing should be loud.  Loud enough to reach the heavens!  That's what I experience at my church.  God's Holy Spirit moves so much in that place, we can't help but be loud and excited about our praise and worship.  We get to have an amazing relationship with our Amazing Creator.

Dear Lord, thank You so much for the joy and excitement I get in worshiping You.  I am so grateful that I have been allowed to develop my relationship with You.  I really am a grateful and unashamed believer in You, and so overjoyed and excited that I also get to call You my Friend.  Thank You so much for everything.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment