Saturday, August 3, 2013

Cornerstone

1 Corinthians 3:11 - For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have - Jesus Christ.

The cornerstone of our faith is found only in Jesus Christ.  Nothing can or ever will surpass His supremacy in our lives.  We must surrender our will to His, and base everything we do on His guidance.  He has promised to faithfully provide for us everything we need for a productive and fruitful life.  I'm sure that most of us have seen the t-shirts and bracelets that say WWJD - What Would Jesus Do.  Jesus would do the will of His Father in Heaven.  And so should we.

One of the Pastor's at my church issued what I feel was a unique challenge recently.  He asked, "Would you do it if God was standing there with you?"  This really gave me such a great reality check.  Like a lot of us, I am known to say things that would not be pleasing to God (to say the least).  In fact, sometimes I can say things that would probably make a sailor blush.  There is no way I can justify acting like this.  I can sit here all day and say, 'well as long as I ask for His forgiveness and truly repent, I'll be ok'.  This is the wrong attitude to have.  I have to act as if God is standing there with me, because in reality He is!  God is everywhere all the time.  I know that my sins will be forgiven, however that DOES NOT give me a license to sin.

Dear Lord, I beg your forgiveness for all the ways that I have fallen short of Your glory and righteousness.  I know that I am a sinner, and I do not deserve Your forgiveness and mercy.  Thank You for loving me and forgiving me anyway.  Thank You for being the merciful and loving God that You are.  I ask for Your help to be the better person that You and I know I can be.  I can only do this with Your help and strength.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment