Sunday, August 18, 2013

For His Sake

Isaiah 43:25 - "I - yes I alone - will blot out your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again."

For His sake and His glory, God has rescued us.  He has CHOSEN to forget our sins and never think of them again.  But why would He do this for us?!  If we are so sinful in nature...and we ARE...why not just start over?  Because He is a God of amazing love and GRACE, and He wants to be with us.  He wants to hang out with us.  God could choose anyone He wants to be friends with, and He has chosen us!

What an amazing God I serve that is giving me what I don't deserve just because He wants to be my friend.  Am I taking this gift for granted?  If I'm excited to be God's friend as much as He's excited to be mine, am I showing it?  Am I living it?  God has not JUST forgiven, He has forgotten as well.  I need to make sure I'm not hung up on my shortcomings and failures so that I can fully receive and experience God's amazing gift of grace.

Dear Lord.  Thank You for forgiving AND forgetting.  You are beyond justified to do neither, but You lovingly do both.  I pray that I will be a living, walking example of Your love and grace for others to see.  I want everyone to experience what I have experienced, and share in the love and promise that I have found in You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment