Saturday, August 10, 2013

God of Love

Deuteronomy 34:6 - The Lord buried him in a valley near Beth-peor in Moab, but to this day, no one knows the exact place.

The Lord buried him.  I love this.  Moses had certainly found favor with God.  Even though God had forbidden Moses from entering the Promised Land, God still loved Moses immensely.  I am certain that God surely had plenty of things to do, but because of His love for Moses, He took the time to bury His friend Himself.  And He did it so well that no one could find where.  God does this for us.  He loves us so much that He takes time for each and every one of us when we call on Him.  That's a God of love.

When I read stuff like this, I get all warm and fuzzy inside.  This just makes me feel so good.  God loves me so much that He makes time for me whenever I call on Him.  But am I taking that time to call on Him?  He just wants to chat and hear from me and love me, am I doing my part?  I love my intentionally intimate time with God every morning.  Every day is better than the last, and I feel so much closer to God.  I pray that I never lose this desire, but how could I?  He loves me that much!

Dear Abba Father, thank You for loving me like this.  Thank you for the demonstration of Your love in the sacrifice of Your Son Jesus Christ, and thank You for the daily reminders of Your love that I get every day when I open my Bible.  Thank You for the opportunity and the privilege to commune with such an amazing God of love that You are.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment