Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Rewarded Patience

Psalm 30:11 - You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.  You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy.

David sings of his patience being rewarded by the Lord.  David endured trials and tribulations but turned to the Lord for help, and God rewarded Him for his patient endurance.  God rescued him in His time, and David waited patiently for Him.  God has always promised to reward those who patiently endure (James 1:12), and bless those who mourn (Matthew 5:4).

Have I waited patiently during my trials?  I have gotten much better about patiently waiting for God to come to my rescue, and when He has (every chance I've given Him), I have been blessed beyond words.  I have seen my faithful patience richly rewarded by God, and I know that the more I patiently trust Him, the more He will bless me with His abundant grace.

Dear Lord, thank You for blessing me.  I know I haven't always been the most patient person, but as I have gotten better about it, You have rewarded me for it, because You are a loving and faithful God that I can always trust to stick to Your promises.  I will work harder to be more patient, so that I can enjoy the full reward of Your blessings on my life.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment