Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Forgive Freely

Mark 11:25 - But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in Heaven will forgive your sins, too.

When we approach God in prayer, we need to do so with an open and free heart.  Jesus commands us here to free up our heart and to forgive freely.  The mark of true leader is someone who will not ask anyone to do something they are not willing or able to do themselves.  If we are not willing to forgive, what right do we have to ask for God's forgiveness?  Forgiving freely will free up our heart to worship and praise God completely.

This was always a tough one for me personally.  I used to be very short-tempered, so it was very easy for me to hold grudges against people.  When I was taught the principle of leadership that you never ask someone to do something you are not able or willing to do yourself, I always just applied it the workplace.  As I've grown in my faith in Jesus Christ, I have come to realize that it applies to my every day life as well.  I have no business asking God to forgive me if I am not willing to forgive others first.  I'm always able to do it, but I have to be willing as well.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder to keep my heart open and free.  Please continue to give me the strength to keep my temper in check and to forgive freely when others hurt me.  I know that with Your continued guidance and patience I will succeed at this.  I want an open heart that worships you completely, and I know You are able and willing to give me that.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment