Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Walk The Walk

Luke 11:28 - Jesus replied, "But even more blessed are all who hear the Word of God and put it into practice."

Faith takes more than just believing.  We are not saved by our works, but only by the grace of God.  However, our faith is supposed to produce good works.  We are blessed even more when we are demonstrating our faith by living it.  Not just by believing what the Bible says, but by doing it.  God's word gives us so much more than just an idea, it gives us the way we should live our lives - loving and serving Him and our neighbors.

Wait a minute, you mean I gotta do this stuff to?!  When I first started to develop a real relationship with my Savior, this was something I asked quite regularly.  But it is so worth it.  I am far from perfect, and I will certainly fall short (particularly in the part about loving my enemies), but when I have lived the way I am supposed to be, by doing what the Bible says and not just believing it, I have felt such a closeness with God in every aspect of my life.  I can feel His presence when I pray, and when I am reading the Bible in the mornings, it feels like He is sitting there next to me pointing out passages to take special note of.  I love having that closeness with my Creator, and I wouldn't trade it in for anything.  I have to work harder to make sure that I am loving more (especially the part about loving my enemies).  I want to experience that closeness all the time.

Dear Abba Father, thank You so much for this gentle reminder that I need to be walking the walk of my faith, and not just talking the talk.  You deserve so much more than just lip service, and I love experiencing the closeness with You when I am walking with You faithfully.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment