Friday, August 30, 2013

That's How It Works

1 Peter 1:22 - You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters.  Love each other deeply with all your heart.

God loves us with all His heart and demonstrated that sincere love by sending His Son to die on the cross in our place.  If that isn't sincere and deep love, then I don't know what is!  When we accept His free gift of salvation, we are expected to love each other in the same way, because that's how it works.  If we aren't showing a deep and sincere love to ALL, then Jesus died in vain.  And that just isn't the case.

Am I showing that sincere and deep love to everyone I encounter?  It is definitely a struggle sometimes, because my stubbornness and pride can get in the way a lot more than I would like it to.  When I feel myself going down the path of pride, I need to stop and pray and ask God to re-fill me with His Spirit of love.  I know that I can overcome my issues with His strength and courage.  I know that is what God expects of me, and I will work harder to maintain that Spirit of Love.

Dear Abba Father, I know that I am a sinner and that Your love has set me free from my sinful ways.  I pray for Your continued guidance and courage to keep me in a spirit of love with everyone I encounter.  I want to be a beacon of light to those I encounter, and I cannot do that if I am allowing pride and selfishness invade my heart and push out Your love.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment