Sunday, August 4, 2013

Stay Sharp

Ecclesiastes 10:10 - Using a dull ax requires great strength, so sharpen the blade.  That's the value of wisdom; it helps you succeed.

We have to keep our gifts from God sharp.  How do we do that?  By staying in His Word every day for starters.  True knowledge and wisdom are found in the Bible, and we have been told to be in this Book of Instruction day and night (Joshua 1:8) so that we can prosper and succeed in everything we do.  God didn't give us these gifts so we can just sit and admire them.  He wants us to use them.  He wants us to keep our gifts and skills sharp so we, and others, can prosper and succeed with them.

Am I keeping my skills and gifts sharp?  Am I using them so that I and others are able to prosper and succeed from them? I am closing in on 500 days straight in God's Word, so I have gotten off to a good start, but I have to be careful not get complacent and prideful, because that is all the opening that the devil needs to try and gain a foothold and steer me off course.

Dear Lord, thank You for the gifts You have given me.  Thank You for the opportunity to prosper and succeed, and to help others do the same.  I pray for Your continued guidance and strength to keep the devil out, and to keep me strong in my faith.  Thank You for Your love and grace.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment