Friday, August 16, 2013

The Great Encourager

Psalm 69:32 - The humble will see their God at work and be glad.  Let all who seek God's help be encouraged.

When we bring ourselves before the Lord in true humility with a humble heart, God works for us and this is a reason for great joy.  He loves to work for us and encourage us.

Am I humbling my heart before I go to God in prayer?  I am sure I could be better about it.  There have been times where I just could not get my heart right, and as a result, I could not focus in prayer.  One thing I enjoy doing is praying for other people.  It really does bring me a great measure of happiness.  For it to be really effective, I have to make sure that I am doing it out of love, and not just to make myself feel better.  When I am totally focused in my prayer, I feel such comfort from God.  He has really let me know that He is working in my life and the lives of those I am praying for.  It is such a great feeling.  That is some great encouragement.

Dear Lord, thank You so much for being the Great Encourager that You are.  The feelings of peace and comfort that I get when I am focused and humble before You in prayer are something that I wouldn't trade for anything.  Please help me to stay focused and humble before You in all that I do Lord.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment