Monday, July 1, 2013

No Regrets

Philippians 3:13 - No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing:  Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.

Regret is wasted time and energy.  Focusing on our past mistakes and hurts takes away from our worship and praise of Christ.  There is nothing wrong with looking behind us to learn from our own mistakes, but after that we need to focus on what is in front of us, and that is Jesus Chrst.  He died to free us from the bondage of our past, not so we could dwell on it and be miserable.  Rejoice in your freedom...Rejoice in His love!

When I first got clean from drug addiction, this was a tough one for me to learn.  I spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself because of the people I had hurt, the mistakes I had made, and thinking about what might have been.  I am so glad this finally sank in.  Because of Christ, I am free to love all of His people and not think about what might have been.  Because what is now and what God has planned for me tomorrow is what matters most, and that I am thankful for the most.  I learned from my mistakes, and now I have moved on to a better life, and a better me, and have found my true identity as a child of God.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for teaching me that I don't need anything but You.  Thank You for reminding me to keep my focus not behind, but ahead on You.  I know that I can and will accomplish anything through the strength You provide me everyday, and I am eternally grateful for that strength each and every moment of my life.  I know I will occasionally stumble, but I know that Your loving arms will be there to pick me up and dust me off.  In the precious, holy, and powerful name of Jesus, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment