Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lead By Example

1 Peter 2:12 - Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors.  Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when He judges the world.

Peter is calling us to lead by example here when we are with our unbelieving friends and neighbors.  In Army leadership school, this is what is taught as well.  We are, more often than not, the first contact that unbelievers have with the Church, and the Word of God.  If we want to win more souls for Christ (and we should), we have to show them a stunning example of how God's light shines through us.  The last thing we want to do is turn them away because of hypocritical behavior.  We have to be 24:7 Christians, not Convenient Christians.

This is something I have struggled with in the past, even though I knew better.  I know I will sin, because that is my human nature, but it no doubt irritates me when I do something that I absolutely know better than to do.  All I can do is pray, ask for God's forgiveness, and work harder not to repeat stupid behavior.  I have to remember that my commission isn't JUST to love God and love people, but it is also to make disciples.  I can't do that, if I'm not living a 24:7 Christian life.  God's beacon of light won't be shining through me when I'm acting in ways contrary to His Word.  I will improve on this, because I want to stay in His favor, and I want to have more brothers and sisters in heaven.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for this reminder.  I have been feeling You tugging on my heart about this the last couple of weeks, and now I get this great reminder that there is still work to do in my heart.  I know I will always be a work in progress, I just pray that I will require less maintenance as time goes on, so that I can serve You and Your Glorious Kingdom with honor.  Thank You for your grace and forgiveness for all of my shortcomings, Lord.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! -> "I just pray that I will require less maintenance as time goes on."

    ReplyDelete