Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Good Deeds

James 2:17 - So you see, faith by itself isn't enough.  Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

The only way we can "show" our faith is through our good deeds.  We are saved by God's grace through our faith in Him, but Jesus told us to go and teach His Word and make disciples.  If we're not showing our faith to unbelievers, we're only doing it half way, and God doesn't accept half way.  The people of the world need to see our faith in action, so that they can understand what we are talking about.

Does my faith "show" enough to those around me?  I think I need to do better in this area.  The last thing I want is for God to say that I am only doing it halfway, or that I'm lukewarm.  Abraham demonstrated his faith by being willing to sacrifice Isaac.  That was a real demonstration of faith.  I seriously don't believe that God would ask anyone to sacrifice their children, but He does want real commitment from us.  I need to be willing to do whatever God calls me to do to "show" my faith, because I want to be called a friend of God like Abraham was.

Dear Lord, how can I show my faith today?  Who can I bless in Your Name today so that they can see Your love in me?  I want nothing more than to be a beacon of Your light in this world, and I pray for Your guidance and wisdom so that I may show anyone and everyone what You can do for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment