Monday, July 22, 2013

Backsliding

Revelation 2:5 - "Look how far you have fallen!  Turn back to me and do the works you did at first.  If you don't repent, I will come and remove your lampstand from the place among the churches."

In His message to the church at Ephesus, Jesus is concerned about them backsliding in their faith.  It takes a lot to backslide in our faith, but only one step to find favor with God again - repent.  God wants that none of us miss out on Heaven, and promises it to us if we repent.  That is true mercy.

I know that I have been guilty of backsliding before.  I am so blessed to serve such a loving and merciful God that requires only one step forward to return to His good graces.  He has been justified to forsake and abandon me, but He never has and He never will.  I am forever grateful and blessed.

Dear Lord, thank You for giving me the opportunity to return to the shelter of Your love and grace.  I will forever praise You for never abandoning me when You were more than justified to do so.  I pray for Your strength to stay strong in my faith, and Your wisdom to share it with others.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment