Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Great Shepherd

Psalm 23:1 - The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.

I came across this passage in a devotional I was reading, and it explained something in a way I hadn't thought of before.  A shepherd in Biblical times, like David, was a shepherd out of obligation, not by choice.  Jesus, our Good Shepherd, became our shepherd by choice.  A shepherd was kind of an unwanted job, but God WANTED the job.  He WANTED to care for us.  That makes Him the Great Shepherd.

God wants to be around the dirty, stinky, stubborn flock that I am certainly a part of.  He left His 99 and chased me down and kept me from wandering any further.  That makes feel even more special than I already did.  To have such a loving God to serve that wanted the dirtiest job of all just so He could make me clean.  And all because He loves me.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for loving me like no other could ever be capable of.  I have been truly blessed to be a part of Your flock, and to be cared for by You, the Great Shepherd.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment