Monday, July 15, 2013

Freedom

John 8:32 - "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Jesus is the truth.  The way, the truth, and the life.  He has set us free from our bondage to sin.  If we believe, He has promised to forgive AND forget our sins.

Last year at my church, they asked us what the Bible meant to us.  The phrase was "The Bible is ____", and then we filled in the blank for ourselves.  For me, the Bible is Freedom.  I found everything I had been looking for when I opened the Bible.  I found the truth of God's love and promise of freedom.  I could have easily filled in the blank with the word 'truth', but freedom was a more important aspect of the Bible for me.  I was free to live a life devoted to Jesus, because He set me free from a life devoted to sin.  I had the freedom I had always been looking for.

Dear Lord, thank You so much for setting me free.  You are all that I have ever needed, and I am so blessed to have You in my life.  Your love and truth have set me free from my bondage to the things of this world.  I am forever changed because of Your love and grace.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment