Sunday, July 21, 2013

Powerful Prayer

Matthew 26:44 - So He went to pray a third time, saying the same things again.

In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus was praying desperately to God.  He was afraid and He was at His weakest.  But He still wanted God's will to be done.  He still remembered that He came to us to fulfill God's purpose.  He was in such distress about the events to come, He was actually sweating blood.  If Jesus needed prayer at His weakest, how much more do we need it?

At my church we have been going through a series on the power of prayer.  The Pastor today spoke of putting prayer in perspective, and it really challenged me to think about my prayer life.  Do I pray enough?  Do I try to take situations into my hands to figure them out, or do I go to God for guidance?  I am usually pretty good about lifting things up to God in prayer, but "pretty good" isn't enough.  I must remember to pray and then plan.  God is happy to listen and help me when I ask Him for it, but I have to ask Him for it.  I have to remember that trying to figure things out on my own is not the way to go, and will only lead me down a path that I have already been on and do not want to go down again.

Dear Lord, thank You for the opportunity to petition You through prayer.  I trust that You are listening and You will hear me when I talk to You.  I know You will answer my prayers according to Your will and Your purpose for my life, and I will rely not on my own understanding, but trust in You for everything.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment