Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pray, Then Plan

Jude 1:10 - But these people scoff at things they do not understand.  Like unthinking animals, they do whatever their instincts tell them, and so they bring about their own destruction.

This is a great reminder to pray and seek God's guidance for our lives.  Relying on our own wisdom and following our instincts is a fast track to trouble.  God will tell us what we need to know and do, but we have to take it to Him first.

For those that know me well, I am not the most patient person (that's an understatement).  When I need or want something, it needs to happen now.  I need to be better about praying before doing.  I need to remember to trust God to give me the right answers.  I know He will never fail me or abandon me, so not seeking Him first is not glorifying Him.  I must do better.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for reminding to pray before planning.  I trust that You will guide me down the paths I need to be on.  Just because it wasn't my idea, doesn't make it a bad one.  If it comes from You, it is only good and right.  I will get better about this, so that I can give You the glory and honor You deserve.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment