Monday, July 8, 2013

Guaranteed Trust

Hebrews 10:23 - Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise.

We can always trust God.  God promises to never forsake or abandon us, and He is not capable of lying.  This is a guaranteed trust, not like some security we get from a bank or something that is left in human hands.  God's promises are infallible and unwavering.  He can forever be counted on to keep His word to us.

I seem to keep coming back to the issue of trust lately.  Why is that?  Like anyone else, my trust has been taken advantage of by people throughout the years.  I won't lie and say that I'm not a little jaded when it comes to trusting humans.  But I am unshaken in my trust in God.  He has proven to me time and again that I can always count on Him, and I will continue to do so for the rest of my days.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for being the trustworthy Creator that You are.  Your promises have given me a hope that I could never and will never find anywhere else.  While I may be a little jaded when it comes to human trust, Your love and grace and mercy have shown me how to love and forgive those who have hurt me in the past.  I thank You so much for these teachable moments in my life.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment