Friday, July 19, 2013

Simple Instruction

John 21:22 - Jesus replied, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?  As for you, follow me."

Jesus' admonition to Peter was for him not to worry about His plans for anyone.  Jesus wanted Peter to follow Him.  It's not that we shouldn't worry about what other people are doing, because we should.  We should always be willing to help others achieve success in their walk with God.  But each person's purpose from God is between God and that person.  We are here for support.

A lot of times, I have caught myself complaining, "Why is he doing this and that and I'm stuck here doing this?!"  I have to remind myself that complaining takes away from my worship of God, and doesn't fulfill God's purpose for me.  I am exactly where God wants me to be, and so are they.  It's human nature to be selfish, but it shouldn't be second nature for me and I have to remember that.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me to stay focused on You and Your purpose for me.  I am sorry that I grow impatient from time to time.  I think it just comes out of an eagerness to serve You and Your people more.  I always feel like I can do more, but I have to remember that I am doing exactly what You want me to do.  I will work harder on staying focused on following You and supporting Your Kingdom on earth in any way I can.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment