Thursday, July 18, 2013

Take Heart

John 16:33 - "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in Me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Indeed He has!  Jesus has overcome everything that could possibly hurt us.  He overcame death and defeated Satan on the cross, all because He loved us.  Whenever we start to worry, we need to remember to lay our worries at His feet, and He will eliminate them.

My fear of death used to be so bad.  It would give me anxiety attacks to the point where I couldn't function, and would almost get sick.  When I finally understood and accepted God's love, and this promise that Jesus gives here, my anxiety disappeared.  From time to time, it will start to creep up, but I know that is just Satan trying to wedge his way into my mind.  But Jesus has my heart, and He will faithfully push Satan away from me.

Dear Lord, thank You for overcoming everything.  Your love and protection is more than I could ever hope to ask for, and exactly what I needed to live.  I am so blessed by all that You have done for me, and I pray that You will continue to comfort and strengthen me when I am being attacked, so that my heart doesn't waver.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment