Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Generous Love

1 Timothy 1:14 - Oh, how generous and gracious our Lord was!  He filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ Jesus.

Paul is pointing out just how loving our God is.  God wasn't concerned about what Paul did - which is good, because Saul of Tarsus was a wicked man.  Instead, He used that to show Paul how to love, and to spread the message of the love of Jesus.  God filled Paul with the generous love that only comes from Jesus Christ.

Has God filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ Jesus?  He sure has!  Like Paul, I did a lot of stupid things out of ignorance and unbelief.  But because of God's amazing grace, and generous and unfailing love, He has transformed me.  Like Paul said in verse 12, He has given me strength to do His work.  He has considered me trustworthy and appointed me to serve Him.  And serve Him joyfully, I will.  I don't intend to compare myself with Paul, because Paul was a great man who did so many wonderful things for the Kingdom of God.  But I can relate to him in some ways.  God has truly shown me what a God of generous and gracious love He is.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for showing me what love is, and what love does.  I am blessed by You because of Your love, and I have been saved by You because of Your grace.  Thank You for transforming me into what I am and what I will become.  I will joyfully serve You no matter where You send me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment