Tuesday, July 16, 2013

For A Purpose

John 9:3 - "It was not because of his sins or his parents' sins, " Jesus answered.  "This happened so the power of God could be seen in him."

When they asked Jesus why the man had been born blind, they were certain that it was because either he or his parents had done wrong.  Jesus pointed out that it was neither.  He was this way for a reason...so that Jesus could heal him and show the power and glory of God through him.  God has a purpose for all of us in that sense.  When we repent and accept His salvation, He starts to reveal that purpose to us little by little.

What's my purpose?  What can I do to show God's power and glory in me?  The big picture I believe is to minister to drug and alcohol rehabilitator's through counseling and ministering to them.  I believe that this was the purpose of my past addiction - so that I could relate to them on a different level than just an ordinary counselor.  I pray for God to use me every day.  I ask God to use me to bless someone so that His power and glory can be revealed to them.  I want so much for them to see what God has done for me, and accept it for themselves.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for Your blessings.  Thank You for using me for Your power and glory.  This is the best blessing that You have ever given me.  I pray that I will continue to find favor with You and that You will continue to use me to show others the unfailing love and amazing grace that You have for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment