Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Better Hope

Hebrews 7:19 - For the law never made anything perfect.  But now we have confidence in a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

That hope that we have confidence in, is found only in Jesus Christ.  He is not only a better hope, He is our best, last, and only hope.  Like the writer of Hebrews says, the law never made anything perfect.  If it had, Jesus' coming and sacrifice would not have been necessary.  But it was necessary, because we are all sinners and we all fall short.  Putting our trust and confidence in the best, last, and only hope is the only path to righteousness.

Have I put my total trust and confidence in the hope of Jesus?  Have I totally surrendered to His will for my life?  Yes I have!  That does not mean I am perfect.  Far from it.  I will still make mistakes (one of my specialties), but I have total trust and confidence that He will forgive and accept me by His grace.  There is nothing in this world that is worthy of that trust and confidence, so I put it in the One who promises to give it abundantly regardless.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for accepting me through Your amazing grace.  There is so much I have done that could have easily given You a reason to turn Your back to me.  But You never did.  And I know You never will.  I ask for Your guidance and wisdom as I walk the path You have placed me on so that I may be a beacon of light to those I encounter for Your glory and honor.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment