Friday, July 5, 2013

Hot, Hot, Hot

Revelation 3:15 - "I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold.  I wish that you were one or the other!"

In His message to the church in Laodicea, Jesus is speaking to all of us about being wishy-washy in our faith.  He doesn't want us to be on the fence, and promises to spit us out for being lukewarm.  He wants us to be on fire for Him.  He doesn't accept lukewarm, He accepts HOT.

I have definitely been lukewarm in my faith before.  I used to think that since I believed and accepted Christ, I was good.  Oh how wrong I was.  God wants me, and all of us, to have a burning, passionate love for Him.  He has always had a burning passionate love for us, which He demonstrated by sacrificing His only Son.  He wants to have an intimate relationship with us.  In 2 Timothy, Paul tells us that this was His plan since the beginning of time.  God chose us to be with Him, and we should be nothing less than on fire for His love.

Dear Father, thank You so much for being passionately in love with me.  I thank You for giving me Your Holy Spirit to ignite this spark of love in me that I have for You.  Lord, I ask that You continue to be with me, as You always have, so that I will stay on fire for You, and that I am strong in my faith.  I want others to see Your love inside of me, so that they will see what they may be missing if they haven't come to You yet.  Thank You for everything You have done, and everything You have meant to me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment