Saturday, July 13, 2013

More AND Less

John 3:30 - He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.

John the Baptist had the right mindset here.  Our focus needs to be on God.  We need more of Him and less of the world.  The world promises nothing but material things that can (and will) vanish in the blink of an eye.  Jesus promises us a life abundant in love for all eternity.  That is what we need to be focused on.

Am I keeping my focus on God and His eternal promises?  I am certainly trying.  I know I have a tendency to get a little impatient when certain things don't happen the way I want them to.  But if I maintain my focus on Jesus, I will see that the doors that He closes are because He has a much better one to open for me.

Dear Lord, thank You so much for helping me to maintain my focus on you and keep my 'eye on the prize'.  I pray that I will stay strong in my faith in You, and I know I will with Your love and guidance.  You have promised me more than I could ever hope to get from this world a million times over, and for that, I will work hard to serve and honor You forever.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment