Saturday, July 20, 2013

What Is Love?

1 John 4:10 - This is real love - not that we loved  God, but that he loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

God is love.  John puts it so well here when he says that God's sacrifice of His Son is what real love is.  Even though we absolutely didn't deserve it, He gave it to us.  We can never earn it.  And we don't need to, because God gives it to us freely and abundantly when we believe in Him and accept His gift of salvation.  And why?  Because God is love.

Understanding God's love for me has been such a blessing.  Realizing that God wants me to have a life abundant in love and fellowship with Him in His Glorious Kingdom has given me such peace at heart.  I never could get this peace anywhere in this world.  I certainly tried to find it, but it just isn't out there.  When I turned my eyes on Him and gave Him my heart, He gave me something that I wouldn't trade for all the wealth and power that this world could ever give me.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for saving me from myself.  I looked everywhere for something that only You can give.  And you give it so abundantly and freely, how could I not want to share it with everyone.  I thank You for Your love and grace, and ask that You continue to light my path so that I may continue to walk with You forever.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment