Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Great Comforter

Psalm 34:18 - The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

During the times when we are hurting, God promises to stay close to us.  He will give us the comfort, courage, and assurance we need to survive and thrive.

Now that my second divorce is officially final, I am hurting a little.  I am feeling broken.  Not because I am harboring any feelings towards my now ex-wife, but because of the situation.  I have to do this right.  I know that if I draw closer to God, He will draw closer to me.  I know that He will lift my spirit up.  He has promised to never abandon me, and I trust His promise.  I need to maintain my focus on God and His will for me, and stay surrendered to Him.  His reassuring comfort and love will get me through any situation in my life.

Dear Lord, thank You for being the Great Comforter that You are.  Your promises of love, comfort, reassurance, and protection will last forever, and I will forever trust in You.  I ask for Your healing during this time, so that I may bring You glory.  Let me be a light to those who are hurting and broken, so that they may see You through me.  So that they may see the strength and comfort You promise to provide.  Pull me closer to You, Lord.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment