Thursday, October 31, 2013

Talk Is Cheap

James 2:19 - You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God.  Good for you!  Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.

Satan (and his demons) never denied God's existence, just His sovereign power.  It's easy for anyone to believe, but to accept His sovereign power, and to seek His presence and blessings is what makes us different.

I love this passage.  It reminds me of where I used to be in my faith, and where I need to be heading.  No, I wasn't a demon (despite what my ex-wives might say), but I didn't have any kind of relationship with God.  I was saved over 15 years ago, but didn't even attempt to develop a relationship with Jesus until 4 years ago.  It was common for me to say, "I don't have to read the Bible or go to Church to believe."  I didn't need them to believe, but I need them to develop my relationship with Him.  Anyone can sit and say that they believe, as this passage says even the demons believe, but failing to work on our relationship with God will prevent us from being blessed.  God will always love us, but if we aren't in a right relationship with Him, He won't bless us.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for Your blessings in my life.  Thank You for reaching my heart and showing me that You had so much more for me than just the lip service I was giving You.  Your love and protection means more to me than words could ever say.  I pray that I will continue to remain strong in my faith, and show You in my daily walk with You.  Please use me to bless others as I have been blessed.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment