Friday, October 25, 2013

Getting Filled

Luke 3:5 - The valleys will be filled, and the mountains and hills made level.  The curves will be straightened, and the rough places made smooth.

John the Baptist describes Christ's power within us so amazingly.  When we open our hearts to Jesus and give our lives over to Him, He fills our empty valleys with His love and grace.  He levels the mountains and hills we have to climb to make them passable.  He straightens the curves that twist our path to make them straight and narrow, and He smooths out our rough edges so that the love of Christ that is in our heart will rub off smoothly onto others that we encounter every day.

This is such an encouraging passage for me.  Jesus has definitely done this for me.  I have felt His love and grace in my heart so much.  I don't feel like there is any obstacle that I can't overcome, because I know that I can accomplish anything by His strength.  My focus on my life is very clear and straight, and I believe that I am following God's path for me.  And He has CERTAINLY smoothed out my rough edges.  "Does not play well with others" used to be the best way to describe me.  Not anymore.  Now I have such peace in my heart that I am eager and anxious to share it with everyone.  That is what the Power of Christ has done in my heart.

Dear Lord, thank You for keeping all of Your promises.  You have really transformed my heart and my life, and I have such great clarity.  I pray that I will continue to grow in Your wisdom and courage, and that my love of You will be seen by others so that they will seek You and find You as I have.  Thank You Abba Father for filling me when I felt so empty.  Thank You for making the obstacles easier to overcome by Your power and strength.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment