Thursday, October 17, 2013

Lip Service

Mark 7:6 - Jesus replied, "You hypocrites!  Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you, for he wrote, 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.' "

Jesus warns us about paying lip service to our faith in Him.  We cannot just talk the talk, we have to walk the walk.  Since humans are generally prone to routine and habit, it is easy to get in the habit of just going to church on Sunday, sing, listen, and go home.  We are commanded to do so much more.  Jesus warns us in Revelation to not be lukewarm, or He will disregard us.

Have I been paying lip service to my Savior?  Is my heart a reflection of what I say I believe?  I know I am prone to habit and routine just like anyone (see: OCD), but I pray that my heart will not become stale.  I don't want to be lukewarm for Jesus, I want to be on fire for Him.  I know I will occasionally have lulls, but I know that if I maintain my trust and faith, He will bring me through them.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder that I need to stay on fire for You and not just go through the motions and give lip service to Your commands.  I pray that You will keep me strong in my faith when I do hit those lulls so that I don't become lukewarm.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment