Tuesday, October 22, 2013

His Shining Light

John 5:35 - John was like a burning and shining lamp, and you were excited for a while about his message.

What an awesome testimony that Jesus gives here about John the Baptist.  He answered his calling from the Lord with total surrender and obedience, and it was not his own light that was burning and shining, but God's light through him to the world.  That's what God is desiring from us all.  That we would listen and obey Him, and let His light shine through us so that others will see it, and seek Him.

Am I letting God's light shine through me to others?  Have I been obedient and totally surrendered to God and His purpose and calling for me?  How awesome would it be when I get to Heaven, face to face with my Creator, and He tells me, "You were a shining light."  That is something I should be striving for - to find favor with my God, and be a beacon for His light to others.

Dear Lord, thank You for allowing me the privilege to serve You and be a beacon of Your shining light to those within my sphere of influence.  I thank You for using me for Your glory, and not allowing me to work for my glory.  It's all about You, Lord.  In Jesus' precious and Holy name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment