Monday, October 7, 2013

Short-Term Memory

Hebrews 10:17 - Then He says, "I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds."

Once we accept Christ as our Savior and confess our sins to Him, they are forgotten.  God will never remember them again.  That's how grace works.  He is just to punish us, but out of love, He gives us mercy because of His grace.  When we start to remember things of the past and worry that God will certainly never forgive us for something, we need to remember He already has.  That reminder of our sinful past is from Satan, who only wants to bring us down.

I have been so blessed since I finally understood that God has promised to never remember the things of my past once I confessed them to Him.  I used to dwell on them so much, and those words, "Certainly He will never forgive me for that", used to come out of my mouth frequently.  Once I understood that those thoughts weren't from God, but Satan attacking me, I felt so much better.  I was able to give myself more completely to God at that point, which was the best thing I ever did.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that You are not dwelling on my past, but our future together in Your Glorious Kingdom.  Please keep my heart focused on that today and every day as well.  I pray that I will please You in what I do everyday.  Please use me to be a light to others so that they may see Your path for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment