Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Turnaround

2 Chronicles 33:12-13 - But while in deep distress, Manasseh sought the Lord his God and sincerely humbled himself before the God of his ancestors.  And when he prayed, the Lord listened to him and was moved by his request.  So the Lord brought Manasseh back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom.  Then Manasseh finally realized that that the Lord alone is God!

That must have been some prayer!  Not only did God listen and restore Manasseh, but his prayer moved God!  It touched God's heart.  Manasseh, at first, was not a good man (to say the least).  He was evil and followed the detestable practices of pagan worship.  Going so far as to practice it in God's temple!  That's not JUST blowing God off, that's thumbing his nose at Him.  That's challenging God, and basically saying, "Bring it!"  God orchestrated Manasseh's capture and imprisonment, but when he humbled himself, he touched God's heart with his request and God restored him.  That is what unfailing love and forgiveness look like.

What an awesome reminder of how much God loves me, and all of us.  He doesn't care what I've done, just that I humble myself before Him.  He knows my heart, and He has promised not to hold my past sins against me.  I am blessed that it didn't require me to go to prison for me to realize God's greatness, but it did require some great humbling.  I know there is nothing I could have done to deserve God's love and forgiveness.  Quite the opposite, I've done plenty for him to blow me off and thumb his nose at me.  However, He never has, and he never will.  How could I not humble myself before him...

Dear Abba Father, thank You for this passage today.  Thank You for reminding me that You are ready to forgive and bless me when I humble myself before You.  I hope that my prayers will move You and touch Your heart like this.  I cannot thank You enough for everything You have done for me, and continue to do for Your humble servant.  All praise, honor, and glory to You, Lord of Lords and King of Kings.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment