Thursday, October 3, 2013

Keep Praying...and Then Pray Some More

Mark 1:35 - Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray.

Throughout the New Testament, Jesus takes a lot of time to pray, to be intimately close to His Father.  He told His disciples to pray all the time.  If it was important for Jesus to pray, it should be important to us as well.  Prayer is when God speaks to us the most.  He might give us signs or use others to reach us, but when we quiet our minds and reach out to Him in prayer, that is when He communicates to us most often.

I love how God works and speaks to me sometimes.  The last few days I have been telling myself that I need to pray more.  Don't misunderstand me, because I do pray.  But lately, I've just felt as though I don't do it enough.  So this morning, as I'm having my Quiet Time with God and reading the Bible and various devotionals, that feeling that I need to pray more just kept getting stronger.  Sure enough, in the last devotional I read this morning I came across this passage.  If this wasn't God reaching out to me to get my attention, then I don't know what is, short of slapping me in the face with it.  I love when He speaks.  Now, I need to make sure I listen and obey.

Dear Lord, thank You for speaking to me this morning.  I know I need to be more faithful in my prayer time with You.  You have always been faithful to me in everything, and Jesus was such a great example of how important it is to spend time in prayer and communication with You.  I love when You speak.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment