Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Meant For Good

Genesis 45:7 - God has sent me ahead of you to keep you and your families alive and to preserve many survivors.

What men intend for evil, God uses for good.  The different stories throughout the Bible are great displays of God using bad situations for His glory.  Joseph, Esther, Daniel, and the Apostle Paul are great examples of His love and grace.  Paul is one of the best examples (in my opinion).  He spent a lot of time persecuting the followers of Jesus, and he enjoyed it.  Some people may ask what good could possibly have come from this?  Well, God using Paul was an outstanding example of God showing unfailing love and grace to who some may consider unloveable or unsaveable.  Paul referred to himself as a sinner who was, "The worst of them all" (1 Timothy 1:15).  God had great things planned for Paul.  Just like He had great things planned for Joseph - to bring His chosen people into a greater relationship with Him.  And all because He loved them and wanted to save them.

Is God using me for His glory?  He sure is!  I may not always see it, but that's because I'm not capable of seeing the big picture of God's plan.  No one is.  I have to trust in His way and His timing.  The more I am surrendered to God's will and plan for me, the more of His great and mighty things He will show me.

Dear Abba Father, please continue to give me the strength and courage to stay faithful and obedient to You despite the obstacles I face on a daily basis.  I want to be used by you to bring people into a closer relationship with You.  It is so easy to fall away from Your truth, but I know that I can stay locked into Your love with faithful prayer and Your amazing grace.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment