Monday, October 21, 2013

Be Still

Psalm 46:10 - Be still and know that I am God!  I will be honored by every nation.  I will be honored throughout the world.

God's got this.  We have absolutely nothing to fear, because He is in control.  God has promised to comfort, protect, and provide for every one of His children as only a loving Father can do.  All of our anxieties will be handled when we quiet our minds, and turn them over to God.  When we are still and vigilant in prayer, He will be active in handling our problems.

My biggest fear prior to accepting Christ and following Him, was death (as I'm sure it is for a lot of people).  My anxiety about dying used to be so terrible.  I would have anxiety attacks when I was shaving (not good when you have a razor in your hand).  I would have anxiety attacks when I was driving to the point where I'd have to pull over off to the side of the road.  Once I really took the time to be still and turn everything over to Him, my anxiety disappeared.  I don't fear death or anything else, because I know that in the end, God wins.  I've read the final chapter, and I know that we will all achieve the final victory through Christ.  Nothing that man can do to me will ever change that.

Dear Lord, thank You for promising to always be there.  Thank You for the reminder to be still and trust in You for everything.  I pray that I will remain faithful and vigilant and continue to turn everything over to You for guidance, wisdom, and comfort.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment