Friday, October 18, 2013

Victory!

Romans 8:37 - No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

We win!  This passage basically sums up the New Testament in 14 words.  No matter what we are going through in our lives, as long as we stay true in our faith in God, we have the final victory through Jesus Christ.  I particularly love Paul's choice of words here.  It isn't just a win.  A 3-2 score in baseball is a win.  We have overwhelming victory.  We get the 15-0 blowout no-hitter!  That is what God has done for us because of His unfailing love and unending grace.

So two nights ago at church, the Pastor's message was centered around this passage and how we are champions in Christ.  It was an awesome message.  I had submitted a couple of proposals at work a few weeks ago, and finally got word back yesterday that they were not going to happen.  I worked hard on these proposals, and to find out that they were no-go's was a definite downer.  In a meeting a couple of hours after I received this notification, my boss asked me how I was doing.  I had a one word answer - defeated.  Having my proposals rejected was a definite let-down, and I felt that we were going to be worse off because of it.  This morning, as I'm having my Quiet Time with God, this passage from Romans from the other night kept coming into my head.  God was speaking to me.  I needed to be reminded that it didn't matter that my proposals had been rejected.  I did everything I could, and despite the results of my work, I still had overwhelming victory in Jesus Christ.  That is where my focus needs to be.

Dear Lord, THANK YOU so much for the messengers You send and the messages You give them.  Thank You for speaking to me when I need to hear You the most.  I am so grateful and blessed by Your unfailing love and grace, I pray that I will stay focused on You and my overwhelming victory through Your Son Jesus Christ.  Thank You for humbling me.  In Jesus' precious and holy name,  Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment