Friday, October 4, 2013

Test Him

Malachi 3:10 - "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in My temple.  If you do," says the Lord of Heavens Armies, "I will open the windows of Heaven for you.  I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in!  Put me to the test!"

God's response to the Israelites is awesome.  They were cheating Him of their tithes and offerings.  But instead of punishing them, as He would have been justified to do, He offers them the chance to be blessed...and blessed abundantly.  God knows our minds.  The human mind often needs to see to believe, it's just the way we process things.  Instead of blowing them off and punishing them, God stoops down to their level.  He says, "I will prove it to you."  He doesn't HAVE to prove Himself to anyone, but He does.  He does it because He is an amazing, awesome God of love that wants nothing more than to bless His chosen people.

Before I gave my life to Christ, I was one of those people that couldn't see the good in things.  I didn't want to believe because I needed God to prove that He was there.  Through a series of events, He proved Himself...abundantly.  He didn't have to do it, but He did it because He loves me.  He did it because He wants me to be with Him.  I was cheating Him of my faith and love, but He didn't blow me off and let me suffer a life of eternity without Him.  He stooped down to my level, and showed me what I needed to see.

Dear Abba Father, I am blessed so abundantly by Your love.  I tested You when I had no business doing so, but because of Your unfailing love and unending grace, You allowed it and You showed me what I needed.  I am indeed honored and blessed to serve a God like You.  I pray for Your continued blessings on me and everyone.  I pray that I will be a beacon of Your light to others that need to know You.  Thank You so much for every second chance you give.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment