Saturday, October 12, 2013

Don't Keep It A Secret

1 Chronicles 16:8 - Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness.  Let the whole world know what He has done.

We should all be anxious to spread the Gospel.  The Good News of Jesus Christ is what led us to salvation.  Proclaiming His greatness and His love and salvation is what the Great Commission is about - to go into the world and make disciples (Matthew 28), and we are also told that God doesn't play favorites (Acts 10) - He loves us all.  We are all quick to spread the news when good things happen to us at school, work, or family.  Why would we shy away from spreading the Great News of our eternal salvation?  It was not meant to be kept a secret.

I know I have been guilty of not following Jesus' call in the Great Commission.  By doing this, I have committed a sin of omission.  I have heard people say that their faith is a private matter, and they like to keep it to themselves.  I'm not a stupid man, but I just don't get that.  I have improved about spreading the Good News, but I know I can do better.  I am excited whenever someone asks me a question about my faith that I wasn't ready for them to ask.  It gives me the opportunity to proclaim His greatness, and not keep it a secret.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your greatness.  Thank You for working on my heart so that I am not afraid to share the Great News of Your promised love and salvation.  I pray that as I seek You more everyday, I am encouraged to share You more every day.  I know that they are Your words not mine, and that You will continue to use me as a messenger of Your Gospel.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment