Thursday, October 10, 2013

Give Credit Where Credit Is Due

2 Samuel 5:20 - So David went to Baal-perazim and defeated the Philistines there.  "The Lord did it!"  David exclaimed.  "He burst through my enemies like a raging flood!"

David was quick to give God the proper credit for the defeat of His enemies.  I love how David went about his business here.  He consulted God first, agreed to do what God told him, and then gave God the glory for it.  Not only was he a godly man, but he was a godly leader.  He made sure that the soldiers under his command knew who should be getting the credit and glory for the victory.  He made sure they knew who was guiding their steps.  He did not want them to fall into the sin of taking God's glory from Him, so he was quick to avoid letting it happen.

Am I giving God the glory for the things I achieve?  Proverbs 16:9 reminds me that I can make my plans, but the Lord determines my steps.  He also determines my success/failure based on my faithfulness and His plan.  I can plan to do anything, and being hard-headed enough I have.  But if I'm not seeking His guidance first and then giving Him the glory for it afterward, I have nothing.  I need to make sure I am doing that for everything.  I have to give credit where credit is due.

Dear Lord, thank You for everything.  Thank You for my success and my failures.  They are never failures in Your eyes, because they are not part of Your plan for me.  Thank You for guiding my steps that keep me out of so many pitfalls.  You are truly the light to my path, and I praise You and thank You for that.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment