Friday, November 1, 2013

An Opportunity To Show Love

Romans 3:23 - For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.

None of us is worthy of the love and grace that God showers us with every day.  I can't speak for anyone else, but as a human being, it's difficult to be told 'you're not good enough'.  But God being the awesome God that He is, did what He does best.  He made a bad thing work for good and for His glory.  Our fallen and sinful nature was made right by the sacrifice of God's Son on the cross.  God could have easily responded to our repeated disobedience by saying, "You know, you aren't any good, and I'm tired of dealing with this."  And then zap you're gone.  But He didn't do that.  He took that as an opportunity to show us even more love and grace.  He said, "Okay, you aren't any good.  Here's my Son who I offer to take on all of your sin and debt.  All you have to do is believe in Him, and why I sent Him, and you're off the hook."  Who does that?!  An awesome God that is the absolute true definition of love, that's Who.

I know that I have accepted God's sacrifice of His Son for my salvation, but am I taking every opportunity put in front of me to show the love that He has shown me?  I believe I can do better.  I know I am capable of it, because He has made me capable.  I am not worthy of anything He has blessed me with, but His love and grace have made me worthy, and I need to show that to everyone.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for Your unending patience, Your amazing grace, and Your unfailing love.  Thank You for paying the ultimate price of sacrificing Your only Son to save such an unworthy sinner like me. I pray for Your continued strength and courage to be the witness You want me to be, so that You can get the glory that is rightfully Yours.  I am nothing without You, and I am everything because of You.  Thank You Lord.  In the precious and holy name of Jesus, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment