Sunday, October 13, 2013

Renewed Strength

Isaiah 40:31 - But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.  They will soar high on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not faint.

God promises to give renewed strength to those who put their trust in Him.  He has promised to provide for His faithful people what they need to continue.  We often get weary in our daily lives.  Things of this world can easily drag us down if we let them.  Our faith in God is what makes the difference.  We have all heard or used the term, "I got my second wind."  That's God's Holy Spirit breathing new life into us so we can pick up and carry on our work for His glory and His Kingdom.

I like naps.  For those who know me well, they know that I love to take naps whenever I can.  I wish I had appreciated them when I was younger like I do now, but there are a lot of things I wish I had done differently when I was younger, so I won't dwell on those.  I believe that the naps that I love to take are God's way of refreshing me.  Some days, I can be worn out by lunch time at work.  One of the (many) things that God has blessed me with is my own office.  Often during lunch after I eat, I will close the door and turn the light off for half an hour.  I feel so much better after that half hour power nap.  I really do believe that this is God's way of renewing my strength for the afternoon and evening to come.  I have been so blessed by God.  I pray for God's refreshing strength for each and every one of you so you can soar high on wings like eagles.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your amazing blessings.  I know sometimes I don't see them that way, and I might take them for granted.  For that I am truly sorry, and ask for Your forgiveness.  Thank you for renewing my strength in You whenever You see that I need it.  There is no way I could carry on without You guiding me every step of the way.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment